Wingnuts and Moonbats
Monday, March 07, 2005
  Liberty vs Security
If Mark means by the right to life, the right to self defense too, then I can't agree with him more. But how does the right to self defense preclude the right to our liberties? How do our liberties weaken our security? Did Patrick Henry mean to put Liberty above life when he said “Give Me Liberty or Give me Death”? I think many people do risk their lives to remain free. Was Benjamin Franklin reckless with our national security when he said “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”? I don’t think so.

When President Bush raised his hand to swear to protect this country on his inauguration day, was he swearing on the Bible or the Torah? No, he had his hand on the constitution of the United States. Yet I find it ironic that this President did the most to weaken it. I wonder if he read it.
 


<< Home
Offending both sides since 2005...

ARCHIVES
2005-02-27 / 2005-03-06 / 2005-03-13 / 2005-08-07 /


Powered by Blogger